Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I display Subcategory Products on the Category Page template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I display Subcategory Products on the Category Page template?

Apparently 3DCart "technical support" doesn't know anything about their own platform!

Can I display Subcategory products beneath the Subcategory header on the Category page (Via codeblocks)? And if not, is there a subcategory template I'm not aware of?

Like so:

-SUBCATEGORY HEADER-
    -SUBCATEGORY PRODUCTS-

-SUBCATEGORY HEADER-
    -SUBCATEGORY PRODUCTS-

Site: http://suncoastdiesel-com.3dcartstores.com/swag.html
    Last edited by thatdarnchelsey; 11-20-2015, 06:41 PM.
    Designer, musician
    3DCart sites
    www.fireflyaz.com
    www.activeprintmedia.com

Want something designed? [email protected]

thatdarnchelsey I'm sorry your experience with "technical support" didn't meet your expectations. The department is geared toward the resolution of issues such as configuration and setting changes. Although they can direct you to the pages to adjust when you need to make a change, they aren't trained to help you modify anything, only to preserve intended functionality (which is why when issues arise with modified files, the first thing to do is rename the file to allow the common version of it to take over).

However, if the agent directed you to your sales account manager for a quote on how much it would cost to do the work requested, or to the template guide to find the blocks on your own, then they did as instructed.

The final option is to refer you to these forums, because we happen to have some amazing people on here that can be a huge help (thanks guys!).

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcart-Alex View Post
      thatdarnchelsey I'm sorry your experience with "technical support" didn't meet your expectations. The department is geared toward the resolution of issues such as configuration and setting changes. Although they can direct you to the pages to adjust when you need to make a change, they aren't trained to help you modify anything, only to preserve intended functionality (which is why when issues arise with modified files, the first thing to do is rename the file to allow the common version of it to take over).

However, if the agent directed you to your sales account manager for a quote on how much it would cost to do the work requested, or to the template guide to find the blocks on your own, then they did as instructed.

The final option is to refer you to these forums, because we happen to have some amazing people on here that can be a huge help (thanks guys!).
      Hi Alex. As I told the agent, I wasn't asking anything about coding. I am still not asking anything about coding. I'm asking if the code block exists. I didn't create the code blocks system. 3DCart did. I was asking a 3DCart agent if the code block exists. I was asking if a certain template exists. They could not answer either of these questions.

I don't need help with designing, as I'm a designer. I needed an answer about the platform that is 3DCart. I would figure 3DCart would be knowledgeable enough about their own platform to answer these simple, non-coding, questions.

Thanks.
      Designer, musician
      3DCart sites
      www.fireflyaz.com
      www.activeprintmedia.com

Comment

3dcart-Alex - Either way, here I am, asking the question. I didn't think the agent was rude or not trained properly. I'm simply frustrated.
        Designer, musician
        3DCart sites
        www.fireflyaz.com
        www.activeprintmedia.com

Comment

You might direct the question to Shaun, thecartdesigner, he's amazing with the coding and knowing what is and isn't possible on this platform because you don't need his design expertise, but I believe I'd asked this question when I arrived on site and moved my store and was told I could only go down one tier with sub categories. Maybe that's changed in the last few years, I'm not sure, I gave up on the idea

Comment

Beautiful site.

I believe you can only display the link to the Subcategories on the Category page, not the actual items.
            If you add the Subcategory items to the parent category, then these items will display commingled within the parent listings, but not separated.

This is not what you are asking but it might be helpful:
            You can also inset links in the category header for specific items within the category:
            search.asp?catid=1551&keyword=XXXX , but this will just refresh the page with the results.

Comment

like this -> http://www.windycityparrot.com/3-Hag...nds_c_173.html

Comment

windycityparrot VERY nice, I like it. I'm guessing it's custom? Didn't view the page source/inspect element on it, guess I could do that, huh?
                Last edited by Toobusy; 11-24-2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                  Beautiful site.

Thank you for the compliment!
                  Designer, musician
                  3DCart sites
                  www.fireflyaz.com
                  www.activeprintmedia.com

Comment

Hi everyone - wondering if in 2020 this is possible? I too would like to showcase subcategory headers and products on a parent page. I'm familiar with the the 3d Cart Core Code blocks but not fluent.

What I'm trying to accomplish in a new category_X template is the following:

PARENT CATEGORY PAGE STARTS HERE
                    • Get Category Name

START SUBCATEGORY LOOP HERE
                    • Get SubCategory Name
                    • Get SubCategory Description
                    • Get First 3 SubCategory PRODUCTS
                      • Name
                      • Price
                      • Add to Cart Button
                    • Button: See all Subcategory Products
                    END SUBCATEGORY LOOP

END PARENT CATEGORY PAGE

I want the customer to see, at a glance, the subcategory name and description along with first couple products. These would displayed in rows. Placing the Name and Description is relatively strait forward, but piping in the subcategory products proves challanging.

I'd be more than grateful but generating the loop with the Code blocks is stumping me.

Thank you and appreciate any help!
                    CW

Comment

CurtisW Are you looking to do something like this? https://www.massagestore.com/massage...ars-pumps.html

Comment

Originally posted by CurtisW View Post
                        Hi everyone - wondering if in 2020 this is possible? I too would like to showcase subcategory headers and products on a parent page. I'm familiar with the the 3d Cart Core Code blocks but not fluent.

What I'm trying to accomplish in a new category_X template is the following:

PARENT CATEGORY PAGE STARTS HERE
                        • Get Category Name

START SUBCATEGORY LOOP HERE
                        • Get SubCategory Name
                        • Get SubCategory Description
                        • Get First 3 SubCategory PRODUCTS
                          • Name
                          • Price
                          • Add to Cart Button
                        • Button: See all Subcategory Products
                        END SUBCATEGORY LOOP

END PARENT CATEGORY PAGE

I want the customer to see, at a glance, the subcategory name and description along with first couple products. These would displayed in rows. Placing the Name and Description is relatively strait forward, but piping in the subcategory products proves challanging.

I'd be more than grateful but generating the loop with the Code blocks is stumping me.

Thank you and appreciate any help!
                        CW
                        Hi CurtisW did you manage to make it work? Trying to do the same thing here and can't make the subcategory loop work.

Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Working...
                        X