Submenu links in navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submenu links in navigation

I've got some sub-menu items in my navigation (so as to keep it cleaner on the page), but they don't seem to appear in the navigation as a dropdown or anything. Clicking on the parent menu item, brings to a page that has the child pages listed. Can submenus not be listed in the main navigation?

Any and all help appreciated.:)

Can we get a link to the site so we can check it out?
    Designer, musician
    3DCart sites
    www.fireflyaz.com
    www.activeprintmedia.com

Want something designed? [email protected]

Comment

You would need the add-on app to do that: http://apps.3dcart.com/dropdown-menu.html -- also TheCartDesigner has an app for that as well.
      Joe Arbogast
      http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

AmagArtwork Depends on the theme you are using. Some have the drop or fly out nav already.

Make sure that in your store settings (product display settings for V7) that these 2 things are UNchecked:
        Hide Subcategories
        Show Selected Categories Only

save and clear cache.

If you still don't see anything, then your template is probably not equipped and you will need something added as specified by Birdsafe.
        TheCartDesigner.com
        Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
        100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I thought those were for the product categories. And now I realize that I didn't specify the question was not about products but Menu Links. But it does look like I might need something added.

Comment

AmagArtwork If it is the pages (About us, resources, etc...) there is no prebuilt drop down for pages in any template for pages. yes you would need to add something. You will have to know that you cannot dynamically call the "sub-pages" from the admin panel as there is no supporting design tag. A pages menu with drop down subpages would have ot be coded manually.
            TheCartDesigner.com
            Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
            100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

On a different but related subject. Can Menu Pages (About us, resources, etc.) have database feeds? Or is that strictly on the Extra pages?

Oh and can you make a page a subpage after it's been created? (If you look at my footer, I'm thinking that I want to combine all the FAQ's under another page to clean up the look a bit.)
              Last edited by AmagArtwork; 12-14-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I am also interested in this.....

On our site.... www.collegelanesportswear.com

We have High Schools as a main category, it is at the top, to which the dropdown shows all of the sub-categories, which are all of the schools.

Is there a way to have another slider menu come out of the first drop down which shows the sub-categories of the sub-category?

High Schools ----- School Name ------- Apparel Categories, short sleeve, hoodies etc.

Right now, when you hover High Schools, and select one, it takes you a page with the buttons for the categories. We would like 2 dropdown menus.....

Will that app from 3d Cart make that possible? or is that only for templates that done come with any dropdowns?

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ESheaffer View Post
                  I am also interested in this.....

On our site.... www.collegelanesportswear.com

We have High Schools as a main category, it is at the top, to which the dropdown shows all of the sub-categories, which are all of the schools.

Is there a way to have another slider menu come out of the first drop down which shows the sub-categories of the sub-category?

High Schools ----- School Name ------- Apparel Categories, short sleeve, hoodies etc.

Right now, when you hover High Schools, and select one, it takes you a page with the buttons for the categories. We would like 2 dropdown menus.....

Will that app from 3d Cart make that possible? or is that only for templates that done come with any dropdowns?

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Esheaffer.

That app does not work as you would like, as 3dcart only has 1 level of subcategory function in the nav. It can be done if you "hard code" the subcategories into the HTML of the frame template, but that means changing the categories in the admin panel will not change the menu, instead you have to edit the code when you change categories. Probably OK if you do not change your category structure a lot, if you do, perobably not.

I do not know why 3dcart has not brought this into the system yet. Like many features, this seems to me like something parked in 2009.

BP

Comment

Working...
                  X