Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help in selecting a responsive template

Hello Fellow 3dCart Users,

We have been with 3dCart since 2006. We sell CPAP (medical) equipment, which means we have to deal with some unique challenges related to our business such as manufacturer imposed minimum and MAP pricing, the need to obtain prescriptions, etc. This is going to require a certain level of customization for any templates that we use. Currently, I have set up a number of product listing templates to help us handle these issues, but I am not advanced in working with html, so some of my efforts are a bit clunky. Add to that the fact that we have limitations with what can be modified, since this is an "off the shelf" solution from 3dCart, and you can understand some of the shortcomings we have had to contend with.

We are trying to get our site moved to a responsive layout, and I am having trouble finding a template that I like that will suit our needs. I have a test site set up where I was experimenting with the v32008-html5 template, and for the most part I like the way that layout looks, but there is an issue with the way it handles unordered lists with H2 heading tags, and 3dCart is telling me that this template is being discontinued and will no longer be supported in the future. So that is going to force me to probably go to a premium template or one of the newer free templates.

Our current site has the product category selections running down the left side of the page, with the informational tabs running across the top. I had planned to stay with this format, since that is what our current customers are probably used to, but it looks like most of the responsive templates have abandoned this arrangement in an effort to make the transition to mobile device friendly layouts easier.

I'm looking for suggestions from other 3dCart users as to what templates they like. Hopefully, something that is relatively easy to modify. I am not averse to paying someone to assist us in some of our design work. We have inquired with 3dCart's design team about their design service that they offer, but they get pretty expensive. Wondering if anyone would like to provide feedback about the pros/cons of going with an independent 3dCart partner, or stick with their in-house services.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Here is a link to our test site => http://bestcpappricedev.3dcartstores.com/

Tom

Hey Tom,

I highly recommend thecartdesigner (Shaun). He designed a responsive template for me that was very close to what I had in my last store, which is what I wanted. He's very good, reliable and honest - fast and reasonable, too. I can't say enough good things about him.

Although I'm sure they are providing what they believe clients want, don't settle for the current template layouts 3dcart is offering. You can get the look you want - I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Brtp4
      I felt as CW did, I did not want a 3dcart theme. I chose "Artize", a theme from PSD center, and asked them to customize it. I am not finished yet but as of right now it has not been an experience I would recommend.

BP
      brtp4, what is PSD center - is that an independent partner with 3dCart?

Never mind - Googled it and answered my own question. :)
      Last edited by BestCPAPprice; 12-03-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwnoah View Post
        Hey Tom,

I highly recommend thecartdesigner (Shaun). He designed a responsive template for me that was very close to what I had in my last store, which is what I wanted. He's very good, reliable and honest - fast and reasonable, too. I can't say enough good things about him.

Although I'm sure they are providing what they believe clients want, don't settle for the current template layouts 3dcart is offering. You can get the look you want - I did.
        Thanks cwnoah! Are you open to me asking a few specific questions off line? I have to make a decision by Friday - 3dCart is only extending their pricing that they offered me until then.

Comment

Sure! Shoot me a PM or email me through my store.

Comment

Originally posted by BestCPAPprice View Post

brtp4, what is PSD center - is that an independent partner with 3dCart?

Never mind - Googled it and answered my own question. :)
            They are independent developers, focused more on other platforms than 3dcart. I saw a theme pop up on here a while ago, and decided to try it. Theme is nice but communication has been a little challenging. I am going to chalk it up to experience.

BP
            Last edited by Brtp4; 12-03-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

For the 3D responsive templates check that your site is re-sizing in portrait view when using a tablets (e.g. Ipad). We're using the "Cazza" template and it's not working on that template. Some other templates might have the same issue.

Comment

I also recommend the thecartdesigner (Shaun). He has done several jobs for me, fast, reasonable and we can count on it working correctly.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X