Edititing templates really slow in web browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edititing templates really slow in web browser

When using the 3DCart template editor both internet explorer and fire fox go really slow and sometimes will hang for minutes just moving the cursor around or changing a little bit of text so it takes forever to make change (and change it again if needed). Also fire fox will just bomb out completely and will no longer load any pages and instead just returns a error message.

Anyone have any tips for editing templates using the 3dcart template editor? What web browser do you use (or do you use something else)?
    Nathan
    www.YourCableStore.com

Don't use a browser for editing files. Use Dreamweaver about 95% of the time and and a text editor (UltraEdit) the rest of the time.

Do you see this behavior anywhere other than the template editor when in the admin?

Comment

Yes it is only in admin. Some problem with the web browser parsing the code I guess. The reason I like to use admin is it keeps a history of like the last 10 revisions so if I totally screw things up I can go back easily (I don't usually make big changes anyway so another program would be overkill).
      Last edited by yourcablestore.com; 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM.
      Nathan
      www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

I use a text editor to make all code changes and then just upload them via FTP. Just make sure you make copies of the files before modifying them.

Comment

Working...
        X