Utilizing [product_feature_title] in the category view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utilizing [product_feature_title] in the category view

We would like to utilize the [product_feature_title] in the category view (currently, it is only available in the listing*.html profile). The code snippet from the listing*.html profile is as follows:

<!--START: PRODUCT_FEATURES_BLOCK-->
    <div class="productFeaturesBlock">
    <ul>
    <!--START: PRODUCT_FEATURES-->
    <li>
    <!--START: product_feature_title--><span class="feat-title">[product_feature_title]:</span><!--END: product_feature_title--><span class="feat-name">[product_feature_name]</span>
    </li>
    <!--END: PRODUCT_FEATURES-->
    </ul>
    <div class="clear"></div>
    </div>

Just cutting and pasting this into an appropriate spot in the category*.html file does not work as it needs definition. Anyone have a code snippet that will make this work? I assume it would need to go somewhere within the <body header> tag, but I'm a bit rusty on my Javascript.

We use the Product Features to distinguish between hardcover/softcover, identify authors, and also provide release dates. These basic pieces of information are helpful for customers, but clutter the titles if used there. Any input would be most appreciated!

This code block is not available on the category pages. Certain blocks only work on certain pages.

See http://www.3dcart.com/guide/ for what code blocks are available on the different pages.

Comment

Indeed, so we need to add a programming snippet to make the data pull up.

Any suggestions?

Comment

this requires server side intervention. youll need to work with 3dcart to determine viability and course of action at this point.

Comment

Ah, when I was in chat with Eddie from 3Dcart, he said, "If you want it to display in the categories you might need to do some custom programming."

Comment

Working...
          X