Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide HTML code from showing on webpage

Hi,

What is the best way to hide HTML code from showing up on the webpage.

I am moving my newsletter sign up and social icons to another area of my footer, but I don't want to delete the entire code in case I want to have it back there one day.

Here is the test site link. http://richiamorganics-com-au.3dcartstores.com/

Thanks,

Richard

You can do one of two things:
    1. Remove the > from the line below as shown. This will comment out until the closing mailfooter and the frame_maillist sections
    Code:
     <!-- mailfooter --
    <!--START: FRAME_MAILLIST --
    2. Add a style to hide the divs like this:
    Code:
     <div class="mailfoot" style="display:none;">
    <div id="mailistBox" style="display:none;">
    Last edited by elightbox; 05-10-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hi elightbox,

That worked for the mailist but I couldn't get it to work for the Social Icons.

It's the ones on the very bottom right in the actual footer that I wish to hide, not the first set you scroll to - these are the ones to stay.

Thanks again,

Richard

Comment

Ok put this <!-- before the div with class "social-icons" and at the end of the div put this --> now within this div remove one dash from each of the code block on both sides for example this is starting code block of facebook <!--START: social_link_facebook--> remove one dash from each side like this <!-START: social_link_facebook-> do this for all code blocks within the div with class "social-icons". Let me know if that helps
        tangopixel.com
        Website Design and Development

Comment

Hi cartexpert,

That partially worked, but it now has moved the Copyright and 3dcart info up to where the Icons were.

Also it has created white space on the very bottom of the footer on a mobile phone, but not any other devices.

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

Hey Richard,

Your copyright is within the footer column that the mailing list was in so it inherently moved up where the mailing list use to be and due to your footer design there is more that needs to be done if you hide the code in order to make everything view properly after the removal. I will shoot you a PM quick

Shaun
            TheCartDesigner.com
            Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
            100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

This is SO stupid, I am sorry. I have been staring at this forums page for HOURS and i have no idea where to start a new thread/post a question, etc.??? My question has nothing to do with this topic.
              I am trying to change the background color on ONE page of my site (a category page). Making the change in category_1.html file doesn't work because the style sheet overrides the bg color in HTML5. I tried:
              body { background-color: #93B874; } Can someone start this as a new thread for me?

Thank you!

Comment

BrianEdwards Hi Brian,

Not a problem. Go to your (products-->categories) select the category in which you want the different color. With the WYSIWYG editor OFF add this to your Category Footer area:

HTML Code:
                <style type="text/css">
                body { background-color: #93B874 !important; }
                </style>
                save, clear cache if your caching is on, and refresh the category in question.

In regards to the forum "+New Topic" will be in each forum category right in the bar above the first post on the page "+New Topic" button

Hope this helps.
                TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thank you so much for your response!
                  I have added the code and it did not work. I had added similar code to the category header and had the same result. It changed the background color in the WYSIWYG but it only flashes on the website before the style sheet takes over and defaults to white.
                  Category page is: http://magnetsformarketing.com/Peace...tore_c_89.html
                  Please see screenshots...
                  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Comment

BrianEdwards What area are you trying to change? If it is the content area you need to use this rule in the same manner:

HTML Code:
                    #mainContainer {
                      background: #93b874 none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;
                    }
                    The white background is not under the body tag
                    TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I am trying to change the background color of this page only.

where should i put that code?

Comment

BrianEdwards In the same category footer area as the other style block with WYSIWYG off. The body style you put in is actually there, you just can't see it because it is completely covered. Just replace the body style with the new #mainContainer one, save and refresh the category on the front end.

HTML Code:
                        <style type="text/css">
                        #mainContainer { background: #93b874 none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;}
                        </style>
                        Last edited by thecartdesigner; 05-18-2016, 01:54 AM.
                        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

YES! It worked. Thank you, I will add to your tip jar!

Can you also tell me how to use the code you provided in this thread:
                          http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shopp...ce-of-the-tabs

Those tabs are grey on grey so they are very difficulty to see. I would like them to be more visible.

Thanks.

Comment

BrianEdwards I didn't provide that. But I will give you the proper css since you don't need to use the !important on them at all. Just add this to the bottom of your active css file which should be default_modified.css

HTML Code:
                            .r-tabs .r-tabs-nav .r-tabs-anchor {
                              background: #333333 none repeat scroll 0 0;
                              color: #cccccc;
                            }
                            and this is for the active tab if you want to modify that as well

HTML Code:
                            .r-tabs .r-tabs-nav .r-tabs-state-active .r-tabs-anchor {
                              background-color: #ffffff;
                              border-top: 3px solid #000000;
                              color: #000000;
                            }
                            save, clear your store cache and refresh. This should help
                            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by thecartdesigner View Post
                              BrianEdwards In the same category footer area as the other style block with WYSIWYG off. The body style you put in is actually there, you just can't see it because it is completely covered. Just replace the body style with the new #mainContainer one, save and refresh the category on the front end.

HTML Code:
                              <style type="text/css">
                              #mainContainer { background: #93b874 none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;}
                              </style>

How can I get this to display an image? I tried: background-image: url("imagename.png") but that didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X