Adding asterisk (or other text) to template for required product options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding asterisk (or other text) to template for required product options

At some point years ago I must have removed the bit of code that adds an asterisk for required items, and now I want to add it back in.

I had a hard time figuring out how to do this, and since I couldn't find any explanation on a forums (I had to reverse-engineer it from another site) I thought I'd share.

To add this back in, you need the <!--START: requried--> and <!--END: required--> tags. You put the asterisk (or whatever other text) between those tags (in my case, I used this coding (after checking my css settings to ensure that "titles" doesn't add a paragraph attribute:
    HTML Code:
    <!--START: requried--><span class="titles">* </span><!--END: requried-->
    More difficult to figure out is whereto insert this text.

This has to go somewhere inside the <!--START: opt-regular--> and <!--END: opt-regular--> tags. For my store, I put this right before the [OPTIONLABEL] label that is inside the opt-regular tags. Since it is text, I put it immediately before the [OPTIONLABEL] label between the <td> and </td> tags.

Note: on my template at least, there are two instances of the [OPTIONLABEL] label. This has to go near the one that is inside the opt-regular tags.
Working...
X