Trying to change menu-headers name, can't figure out where

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to change menu-headers name, can't figure out where

My site is www.petdoorstore.com. The title for the menu on top left is "Browse" and I would like to change that. I found an old thread from 2010 that said look in Settings -> Store Language, but I don't see it in there. I tried looking through the template files and couldn't find it there either.

Anyone know where to look?

Thanks,

Jon

Categories?

Comment

I think you're right,I think you change the category title

Comment

I'm not seeing it in the Categories section. I see where you can change the titles of the different categories, but not change the name of the menu itself. Maybe I'm missing it?

If you right click on that element and inspect, it says <span class="menu-headers">Browse</span>

But I can't figure out where to modify the menu headers part. Tried searching for "Browse" in the template and couldn't find it. Found "Browse by Manufacturer" and one other reference to Browse, but wasn't the one I want to change.

Comment

My Menu header says Category. Never noticed it but that's kinda dumb LOL I went to the knowledge base and snooped around over there. I'm going to keep snooping because I'd llike mine to say something other than CATEGORY now that I've actually noticed it

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...tegory-details

I'll read through more when I get a chance. This just looks like what you're described, you can change details, but not the menu name

Comment

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...guide---part-2

Looks like it might be in the Frame HTML. I just did a view source on my home page and I can see it there.....now, I'm not sure I'm willing to dink around and mess something up on my store right now, with me as busy as I am, but I may try it later. Actually I like BROWSE like yours says, mine saying CATEGORY is kinda goofy

Comment

I don't see it in Frame. Still looking...

Comment

Jon I just viewed my page source and did a screen shot for us to look at. Sure looks like the category header. Yours says browse, when I search that term I get no returns on my site, however, I see CATEGORY on my site because that's what it says. I'm wondering it's that specific to each template and I may make some time to snoop templates and see if that category title is different on each or on some. I'm not real coding savvy at all, I could be completely wrong on this, but it's where my categories are listed under?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Toobusy; 12-16-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

This is my category header on my website
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey I mighta found it!! Settings>Design>Store Language Cruise down to Frame, Categories. Does yours say Browse?

Comment

This may be what we're looking for?
                      Attached Files

Comment

No, that doesn't look like it, unfortunately. Mine said "Category" not Browse, but just to be sure I changed it to "test" and saved and still says Category.

Comment

JonMortensen Toobusy I apologize, I didn't see this previously.

Unfortunately it is deceptive to a standard store language. In actuality it looks like your functions.js was modified to include this at the absolute bottom which is creating the menu placement and title "Browse":

HTML Code:
                            jQuery(document).ready(function(){ jQuery("#column1").prepend('<div id="modCategory"><span class="menu-headers">Browse</span><div class="clear"></div><div id="category"></div><ul>' + jQuery("#desktopMenu").html() + '</ul></div>'); });
                          TheCartDesigner.com
                          Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
                          100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks Shaun! I can say I'm pretty sure I'd have never found that LOL

Comment

Yes, thank you. So the obvious follow up is how do you modify the js file, and if I deleted that line, would it then be changed where Toobusy suggested in the Settings>Design>Store Language Cruise down to Frame, Categories area?

Comment

Working...
                              X