Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create an item and have 'Add to Cart' send another product to shopping cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create an item and have 'Add to Cart' send another product to shopping cart?

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the 'add to cart' actually add a different product to the cart? I'll give a little explanation cause I'm sure this seems quite strange.

We have a product id A60K that has 93 different manufacturers part numbers that cross into this product id A60K. Example: John Deere part number M41642 is the same as our product id A60K. I'm wanting to create a product using the John Deere part number as the product id M41642, but have the 'add to cart' actually add the A60K.

Reason is cause we rank much higher on many search engines when we use the manufacturers number in the 'id' and 'name' fields. Currently we have all the manufacturers part number in the extended description and our ranking on search engines is much worse this way. This was after I did some test products from about 4-5 months ago.

Is there anyway to do this? I don't see anyway of doing this with any of the current 3dCart product settings.

Would be a HUGE sales booster if this can be done somehow.

Joe

JoeBTI Sure you can. It would take a small bit of doing.

1. You will need to hide the Add to Cart button on the item with CSS
    2. Create a space with to hold the same area with an extra field
    3. then you would need to add a new add to cart button with the item ID that you want to replace the item on the product page with into the extra field.

If you don't have html/css knowledge this may be a little easier said than done. Just let me know if you need help.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
    X