See More or See Less links for paragraphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See More or See Less links for paragraphs

Does anyone have a method that works within 3dCart to truncate a paragraph to "x" number of characters and put a "See more" or "Read more" link for the customer to click if he wants to read more? (Very similar to what you see in these forums.) I have tried 2-3 jquery solutions that I found online and none of them work. I'm guessing there is some conflict with another function somewhere. If anyone can point me in the right direction of something that works, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

jhowlett Send you PM with an example. You can grab the code from there. Hope that helps. PM me if any questions.
    tangopixel.com
    Website Design and Development

Comment

Thanks so much. I took a look at your code, and think that it would have worked fine. I played with some more and found a solution here that used only css. That seems to work well too. https://codepen.io/Idered/pen/AeBgF

Thanks again.

Comment

No problem. Glad you found what you were looking for. :)
        tangopixel.com
        Website Design and Development

Comment

I read somewhere that depending on the implementation, this might not be good for SEO. It had something to do with the way the google crawls the web page. They might ignore text hidden by CSS. It's been a few months since I read the article and things may have changed since.

Comment

Working...
          X