Code to check customer group logged into on item page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code to check customer group logged into on item page

Does anyone have the code that I can use to check the logged in customer group on the item page? I want to try and hide the add to cart and qty fields if not logged in as a specific customer group. I am currently using the feature within 3Dcart to hide items using price levels from customer groups and that works by clocking the entire item. However I want to show the item and the details, but hide only the add to cart and qty fields on the item page if not logged into a specific customer group.

I'm looking for something similar so I can add Google Analytics code to differentiate customer groups on GA reports. Please keep me in mind if you find what you're looking for.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

I have not found a way to determine Customer Group per se, however, you can determine Price Level
      You can assign a customer group to a price level

For example: 'Commercial2' is assigned 'Price Level 2'

So this might work, might not, just depends on your needs

In the Frame.html page, add a hidden element near the top to read the PriceLevel value, something like this
      <span class="hidden" id="priceLvl">[price_level]</span>

[price_level] will return teh numeric value of the Price Level of the user

Then in your script file, you can check for it and take the action needed
      e.g.
      //if Price Level == ' ', then No Price Level i.e. Retail not Commercial
      if($('#priceLvl').text() != ''){
      do something;
      } else {
      do something else
      }

If multiple PLs you could check the value to take action on a specific level, etc.
      e.g. if($('#priceLvl').text() == '2'){ }
      Last edited by lazarusjl; 08-07-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

lazarusjl, thank you. That worked like a charm. I was able to check the price level variable and hide what I wanted to. I had to add the hidden variable code to the frame.html file and then I added my javascript right to the item page. Good to go, thank you for the guidance.

Comment

Diamond Web Design, glad it helped!

Comment

Working...
          X