Design Customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Customization

Can anyone assist or tell me how I can customize my product listing page to look similar to this: http://www.tillys.com/tillys/variant...ze=-1&source=1

I've tried (am very familiar with html coding) but for some reason the cart will not add to cart or something always goes wrong. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. My site is: www.trailerandtruckparts.com
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
    www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
    www.Trailer-Wheels.com
    www.iTrailerParts.com

i had trouble with this on some of the sites we developed on 3dcart. i believe that the 3dc javascript validation relies on some of the div/table classes. so if you remove a class, it can't validate and won't add to cart.

best help i can say is to start over with the default listing template, and then be careful when you customize to keep the classes.

you might be interested in one of my other posts here:

http://forums.3dcart.com/optimizing-...sary-code.html

Comment

I had this same problem while trying to redesign the product listing page on one of our sites also. Extremely frustrating - especially when you get the page to look exactly like you want and then it doesn't work!

Perhaps try printing the code from your redesigned page and check to see that you have all of your START and END tags in the right place. It seems that these need to be "wrapped" around the <tr>, <td>, or <table> tags of whatever piece of code it's referencing.

You may also want to print out your code and the 3Dcart template code and compare the two. I know that can be time consuming. But I've had to do this on more than one occasion and literally mark code with a highlighter and pen to figure out what in the world I had messed up.

A couple of other things to look for - check to make sure that you have the <form> tag for the add to cart code correct and in the right place on your new template.

If I remember correctly, when I had this problem - I had some extraneous code at the bottom of my template for the <form> tag.

As a last resort, it may be better to just start over - unfortunately I've been there and had to do that as well...

Comment

thanks guys! I'll try that sounds like a lot of work, but I really would like to make some changes on the listing page, the setup now is just not very optimal for us. Thanks again all the advice is much appreciated.
        (¯`v´¯)
        `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
        (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
        * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
        www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
        www.Trailer-Wheels.com
        www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Working...
        X