Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Adding a quantity box on category page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a quantity box on category page

I'd like to add a quantity box above or next to the "Add to Cart" button so the customer can choose how much they want to buy and it doesn't default to 1.

Something like this:
    https://www.toocutebeads.com/Swarovs...nt_c_4174.html

I know I have to change the category_0.html file but not sure what to change.

I think I have to amend this code...

<div class="action">
    <input type="button" value="[category_buyitlink]" onclick="window.location = 'add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp;item_id=[catalogid]'" class="btn" onmouseover="this.className='btn_over'" onmouseout="this.className='btn'" />

aninam2001

You can download my code in this thread https://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shop...-are-displayed

Comment

Toocutebeads Thank you so much!! I will play around with that and see if I can get it to work.

Comment

aninam2001

I'm working on replacing the add to cart with a waiting list button at the moment. https://www.toocutebeads.com/Hallowe...ts_c_4297.html Once I clean it up I'll upload for anyone interested as well.

Comment

Toocutebeads

OK, so I now have a quantity box, but the "add to cart" button doesn't actually add anything to the cart, I think because I removed the "'add_cart.asp" bit from the code?

Comment

Check your form against the form in my code.

Comment

I did, but it's completely different. I even tried using your entire "category" file instead of mine but that didn't work either. Thank you SO much for trying to help!

I feel like this should be so simple.

I copied and pasted this code from your file, which give me the quantity box but no command for actually inserting the quantity into the cart.

<div class="action">

<div class="addToCartBlock sub-section">
              <div class="qtybox-addcart form-group">
              <!--START: qtybox-->

<label class="qty-input">
              <input type="hidden" name="item_id" value="[catalogid]" />
              <input type="text" class="form-control" name="qty-[counter]" value="0" onfocus="if
              (this.value==this.defaultValue) this.value=''">
              </label>

<!--END: qtybox-->
              <!--START: addcartbutton-->
              <input type="submit" id="Add" class="btn btn-default btn-addcart" name="[product_addtocart]" value="ADD +">
              <!--END: addcartbutton-->
              </div></div>

</div>

This is my code for adding the quantity to the cart. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, it defaults to 1 (quick=1)?

<div class="action">
              <input type="button" value="[category_buyitlink]" onclick="window.location = 'add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp;item_id=[catalogid]'" class="btn" onmouseover="this.className='btn_over'" onmouseout="this.className='btn'" />
              </div>

My thinking therefore is that if I can replace that "quick=1" bit with the quantity entered into the box in your code, it should work like a charm?

Comment

aninam2001 Can you message me a link to whatever page your testing on?

Comment

Toocutebeads I haven't been able to work on the web site in a while but I'm back at it and still struggling with the category page and adding quantities.

I replaced my category_0.html with your code exactly and this is what I have:
                  http://twiddletails-com.3dcartstores...ghts_c_37.html

The "add" button does absolutely nothing and I'm not sure where it's going wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by aninam2001 View Post
                    Toocutebeads I haven't been able to work on the web site in a while but I'm back at it and still struggling with the category page and adding quantities.

I replaced my category_0.html with your code exactly and this is what I have:
                    http://twiddletails-com.3dcartstores...ghts_c_37.html

The "add" button does absolutely nothing and I'm not sure where it's going wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
                    What theme are you using? I will pop my code into the specific theme and see if I can find whats broken.

Comment

Toocutebeads It's Swirl Girls. Thank you so much!!

Comment

aninam2001 I've added the code I used in my previous HTML5 theme. I'm wondering If I caused my current code to stop working with HTML5 when I updated.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That worked!! Thank you! (I tried switching to a core theme but it's above my paygrade. :()
                          Another question: How can I get the [minimumorder] field to display instead of 0? Itried just replacing value="0" with value=[minimumorder] but that didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                          X