Separate Frame for certain categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate Frame for certain categories

Does anyone know if it's possible to add a separate frame for a category page. Basically, I need to hide a category in my hardcoded menu from the ad reviewers at facebook. I'm not violating facebook's policy, just trying to get around the people working there who seemingly haven't done more than skim it.

I tried this years ago and was never able to find a way to use a second frame for certain categories.

Comment

Why not just do a category template?

Comment

Originally posted by ISGMe View Post
        Why not just do a category template?
        I do use a few category templates but my website menu is in the frame.html

Comment

You could use Jquery to hide a section of the frame by creating a custom category page with the code, and wrapping the area you want to remove with a div to display hidden when that category is loaded. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Thanks. Toocutebeads . I'd started researching that but it's a little complicated because my mobile menu is dynamic. I'm looking at the possibility of using some sort of javascript to hide content based on the actual text. Alternately I might try editing the mobile menu and hardcoding the category but it'll be a learning process. GonzaloGil , being able to choose different frames for categories would be nice someday. Seems like you might be able to borrow code from this functionality on the extra pages.

Comment

Working...
            X