Core theme - editing mobile view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core theme - editing mobile view?

We've recently switched to a core theme and I would like to make some basic changes to the mobile view of the site but can't find where I would do that. Which html file should I be looking at? Or is it in CSS? The mobile view shows all products in a single column and given that we have thousands of products it is a ton of scrolling. Even just going to two columns would make a huge difference, though I'm not sure if I'll like how that looks. Our manufacturer dropdown list does not appear in the mobile menu either, and I would like it to. The website is butterflyreflectionsink.com
    Last edited by amandadej; 01-23-2019, 09:39 PM.

Anybody have experience with this? I've tried searching for info and I'm not coming up with anything. I'm mainly concerned about the manufacturer list right now.

Comment

You can try the following. Not 100% positive this will work, but it should show the manufacturer dropdown in the mobile menu.

Edit the frame.html and search for "mobile-menulinks" then add what I have in red.

<nav id="mobile-menu" class="mobile-menu">
      <div class="mobile-menu-inner">
      <div class="mobile-menu-close">
      <a href="#"></a>
      </div>
      <div class="mobile-menu-widget">
      <h3>Menu Links</h3>
      <div id="mobile-menulinks"></div>
      </div>
      <!--START: FRAME_MANUFACTURER-->
      <h3>Manufacturers</h3>
      <div id="mobile-menulinks"><ul id="menulinks" class="nav navbar-nav">
      <form name="mfg" id="mfg" method="get" action="search_groups.asp">
      <div class="manf-select">
      <select name="manf" onchange="this.form.submit();" class="form-control">
      <option value="0" selected="selected">Manufacturer</option>
      <!--START: manufacturer_format-->
      <option value="[mfgid]">[manufacturer]</option>
      <!--END: manufacturer_format-->
      </select>
      </div>
      </form>
      </div>
      </div>
      <!--END: FRAME_MANUFACTURER-->

<h3>Categories</h3>
      <div id="mobile-categories"></div>
      </div>
      </div>
      </nav>

Comment

Thank you Joe! That code is pretty much the same as what I added to the leftbar on the desktop version, but I could not figure out where to add it for mobile. It is displaying now but not populating the manufacturer list. When this happened with the leftbar it was because I had two frame_manufacturer sections, however in the frame.html file I only have the one I just added.

Comment

Also looking for where and how to have two columns of product on the mobile site. Home page and category pages.
          I've had a customer complain about scrolling too long to find anything on the mobile version of the store.
          I have the same questions as amandadej : Which html file should I be looking at? Or is it in CSS?
          If that is possible, please point me in the right direction.

Comment

Did this ever get resolved? Has anyone asked 3dCart to adjust the themes created by them? This user interface issue affects sales. Correcting this would be a step towards enabling 3dCart merchants to be more competitive with a better mobile shopping experience.
            Last edited by Luxlife; 04-09-2019, 02:09 PM.
            Luxlife

Comment

Just wanna join in here. I'm seeking similar goals. As of April 9th '19, your subcategories are displayed as a list instead of a drop down. Was that done by the above code in red? Also, it does not appear the two column issue was resolved. I, too, and interested in this.

Comment

The code in red did not work on Amanda's store for some reason. Worked on mine tho... Instead I had Amanda add the below code. Not a drop down, but it will create a clickable link that gets the customer to the manufacturer list.

Should work fine if you have a CORE template. Not sure about html5

Code:
                <h3>Manufacturer</h3>
                <a href="/manufacturer_index.asp">Browse By Manufacturer</a>
                </div>

Comment

Working...
                X