Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help adding quantity box and to cart in category page and home page for each item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help adding quantity box and to cart in category page and home page for each item

hi , i tryed multiple combination without any success to what i want to achive
    first is i tried to use the button from the quick_view.html

which is like this :

HTML Code:
    <div class="addToCartBlock">
    <div class="qtybox">
    <label>[product_quantity]</label>
    <!--START: qtybox-->
    <input type="text" size="3" name="qty-0" value="1" onchange="validateValues(document.add,1);" class="form-control" />
    <!--END: qtybox-->
    </div>
    <div class="addcart-button">
    <button type="button" onclick="check_and_add(document.add);" id="Add" name="Add" class="btn btn-color btn-lg">[product_addtocart]</button>
    <a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.top.location='product.asp?itemid=[catalogid]'">Or View Details</a>
    </div>
    </div>
    i took this piece and pasted it here :in home.html to try it out but didnt work .

what i m looking for is to have a field for quantity and add to cart in the home page and category page , so when customer is on the page he choose the quantity and add it to the cart without having to navigate to another page .
    thank you

Originally posted by momoze View Post
    ...what i m looking for is to have a field for quantity and add to cart in the home page and category page , so when customer is on the page he choose the quantity and add it to the cart without having to navigate to another page .
    thank you
    3dCart may already include a solution for the category page. Look at the Category page settings. Change the Template / Category Page settings to Style 3. Check the way the products display to see if this works for you.
    Luxlife

Comment

tnx for the answer but it doesnt seem that i have that option to do , mine is fixed to style_1 and i checked the common file to see if i have more files of category on the common html but nothing shows to direct this idea on how to do it via category page .
      i may rather keep on looking to find a solution even hard code it into the template i have .

Comment

If you're using a CORE template, then you need to edit the product_items.html file. If the template is HTML5 it will be inside the category_0.html file under ITEM_TEMPLATE_0

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBTI View Post
          If you're using a CORE template, then you need to edit the product_items.html file. If the template is HTML5 it will be inside the category_0.html file under ITEM_TEMPLATE_0
          thank you for your answer .

is there any way that when i click on add to cart it just add the item and the quantity to the cart without refreshing and getting redirected to a different page , i would like to have the customer stay on the same page , but just adding the items to there cart , some jquery maybe , if that doesnt exist , could you direct me to build my own module or plugin for that purpose please !

thank you

Comment

Working...
          X