Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Modifying the text of a single page check out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying the text of a single page check out

I'm very peeved! Very peeved. I'd like to modify the look and text of my shopping cart on my site, nutrientsense.com. The biggest thing is that there is no continue shopping button. Customers will think that if they press the "x" that they will lose their cart. Its not obvious that you can press the x and go about your business. Is it possible to add this to the cart?

Braeden Try not to get peeved, there are always things that are designed a certain way that someone may not like at some point in time. It all depends on the shopper. But don't fret, majority of things can be remedied.

EDIT: Clarified See Below
    Last edited by thecartdesigner; 11-06-2019, 11:24 AM.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Hi there everyone.

thecartdesigner , thanks for looking out, but Braeden is in fact using a 3dcart store. Just kind of indirectly. He's using the Buy Now Button Widget that is available in the admin. https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...w-buttonwidget His way of using it is rather creative, IMO. Took me a second to recognize it.

When you add one of his items in the WP site to cart, it uses a mini cart widget and the actual checkout process is done on the 3dcart store.

Braeden , the elements that make up that mini cart widget on the right hand side are found in your site's FTP web folder.
      There are two files in the web folder: buy_widget_styles.css & buy_widget.js

I'm not very familar with .js but perhaps you can edit that .js file to change the X at the top right to something more like a "Continue" label or something. I think that's where the "X" is being generated from. There's an onclick action on it that closes the mini cart window and shows the "view cart" tab so I'm guessing it's in there somewhere. Again, I'm not very familiar with js, but I have a feeling you might be; considering how nicely you integrated the buy now button on your WP site.

At any rate, those are the two files you can use to customize your look and feel for the widget. For the actual shopping cart portion (the popup for checkout), those are all controlled by the regular common folder templates for your 3dcart store. So if you need to edit those, they'll be in common folder.

Hopefully that can point you in the right direction.

Comment

3dcart-Henry Craziness...lol.. I saw the .3dcartstores.com version but in the link everything but 3dcart in the file. Anyway. Braeden There is no need to get into the script file. This can all be changed with CSS although it is not a simple fix it can be fixed none the less without getting into the script which is a plus. You can shoot me a PM and I can elaborate a bit more
        TheCartDesigner.com
        Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
        100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

3dcart-Henry Is it possible to use that add to cart function inside 3dcart? I hate sending customers to view cart, and the quick cart is anything but quick.

Comment

Hi Toocutebeads ,

Unfortunately, the buy now button widget was created mostly with external sites in mind, so it doesn't work the same way on the local site.

The buy now widgets themselves can be added to any page on your 3dcart store, but the overall behavior is the same as the regular "Add to cart" actions.
            In other words, you don't get the mini view cart on the right hand side of the page, and it doesn't take place inside a modal nor does it bypass view cart.

Comment

3dcart-Henry Are you aware of any other way to implement and ajax add to cart that was mentioned in the V9 release notes? Maybe i'm just over looking it.

Comment

Toocutebeads

Begging your pardon, I'm not sure I recall that feature. I looked at the v9 and a few previous release notes and wasn't able to find it. Maybe we're looking in different places. Could you help me find the one you're referring to, please?

Comment

3dcart-Henry Not a problem. It was posted a while back. https://www.3dcart.com/latest-version.html

"AJAX has been implemented for newsletter signups, Add to Cart, and several other parts of the cart including product, home and category pages. AJAX allows you to update a page without reloading, send and receive data to a server after the page has loaded, and more— perfect for updating information seamlessly in the background."

Comment

Hi again Toocutebeads

Sorry about that! I was looking at release notes in the announcement section of this forum which is why I didn't see it.

So now that we're on the same page, let's get to your question:

Are you aware of any other way to implement and ajax add to cart that was mentioned in the V9 release notes?
                    Unfortunately, I do not know a way of implementing AJAX to skip the regular "View Cart" process. That's not to say it isn't possible, only that I am not aware of how to do it. That might be something we'd have to do with custom programming.

The way I understood AJAX (as it was described to me) was that it would allow certain scripted actions that normally occur on a page to be done in background processes. This made it so that certain functions and updates could be done on the Core template pages without having to reload the page each time.

For example, if you go to the checkout pages, select a shipping method, then change to a different one; the price changes accordingly. Before AJAX, the page would reload each time you changed the shipping cost. But with AJAX and core themes, the added shipping price updates and no reload.

Another way to see AJAX and core in action is to set your store's "Add to Cart" action to None. Then go to the home page and add an item with no options. Before AJAX, the page would refresh each time you hit "add to cart". Now, it just keeps adding to cart without the page reload.

The point however is that it is taking existing actions and handling them in the background for efficiency. I'm not sure if the same could be applied the way you're requesting because it might require changing actions that already exist. So for that reason, I think it might require custom programming. The only other option I know of is to set the add to cart action to "Checkout" but that bypasses view cart completely. I'm not sure if that's the effect you're looking for.

Perhaps Shaun thecartdesigner has ideas or alternatives, but I don't know of any way of bypassing the regular view cart process the way you're describing besides quickcart or custom programming.

Hope that helps!

Comment

3dcart-Henry I think the issue I'm having is that when I have my add to cart action set to none, the page still refreshes itself. I'll open up a new trial account and see if its a problem with the custom coding I have implemented.

Comment

3dcart-Henry It looks like the ajax isn't compatible with my current multipart form, which is why I was never able to see it. Now that I have the code from a new demo site, I should be able to implement it on my site. Thanks for the response, I wouldn't have found the answer without it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcart-Henry View Post
                          Hi there everyone.

thecartdesigner , thanks for looking out, but Braeden is in fact using a 3dcart store. Just kind of indirectly. He's using the Buy Now Button Widget that is available in the admin. https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...w-buttonwidget His way of using it is rather creative, IMO. Took me a second to recognize it.

When you add one of his items in the WP site to cart, it uses a mini cart widget and the actual checkout process is done on the 3dcart store.

Braeden , the elements that make up that mini cart widget on the right hand side are found in your site's FTP web folder.
                          There are two files in the web folder: buy_widget_styles.css & buy_widget.js

I'm not very familar with .js but perhaps you can edit that .js file to change the X at the top right to something more like a "Continue" label or something. I think that's where the "X" is being generated from. There's an onclick action on it that closes the mini cart window and shows the "view cart" tab so I'm guessing it's in there somewhere. Again, I'm not very familiar with js, but I have a feeling you might be; considering how nicely you integrated the buy now button on your WP site.

At any rate, those are the two files you can use to customize your look and feel for the widget. For the actual shopping cart portion (the popup for checkout), those are all controlled by the regular common folder templates for your 3dcart store. So if you need to edit those, they'll be in common folder.

Hopefully that can point you in the right direction.
                          I can't find the files you are talking about. I never installed any plugins or the like on my site. I simply took the buy button code from 3DC and used it to make the buttons. Can you give me any more details about finding it?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X