availability message on core category page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• availability message on core category page

I'm in the process of converting from html5 to core and I'm confused about the availability message on the category page. I've changed the stock level for this product to zero and it's still showing "in stock" on the category page. Setting the "inventory control" to "default" or "out of stock" doesn't change anything on the category page even though it does effect the product page. I do see that it's controlled by [availability] in the product_items.html template file but I can't figure out why it doesn't change. I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.

image_1554.jpg
    CapturFiles-201912357_021293.jpg

Last edited by bzeltzer; 12-23-2019, 02:08 AM.

Okay. turns out that it does work. After changing product stock level, you just have to clear the site cache 5 times, keep refreshing your browser and wait some random amount of time.

Comment

We had the same issue and it was due to the field show_out_stock had a value of "0" for the inventory control setting "default". Create a custom export and export show_out_stock for all your products. The value for the "default" setting should be "-1" not "0". After we updated this show_out_stock field it resolved the issue with showing the wrong availability info.

Comment

thanks for the information

Comment

Working...
        X