Switching themes from HTML5 to Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching themes from HTML5 to Core

We have been using the same HTML5 template for a few years now and we want to switch to a new 'core' theme to give it a fresh look.

We've been running into some issues though when we either 'preview' the new theme or actually apply it.

• The first one we noticed is that when viewing a page of items, some of the products are on their own row for some reason.
    • when viewing an actual item, the image gallery or images of the other colors below the main image are no longer there, so they cant choose a different image to view it.
    • the last one we noticed is that when we scale down our browser to make it a mobile size, none of the category buttons work, or the 'hamburger' icon that is seen on the mobile version. When you click on it, nothing happens.

I attached screenshots of the issues we have been having.

Anyone know of any solutions or any tips? I emailed support as well, just thought I'd try here as well.

thanks a bunch.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ESheaffer; 01-21-2020, 01:58 PM.

I have to do the same thing myself. Whenever I test out a template it is always messed up too. So following this.....

Comment

From the screenshots, it looks like a CSS file is missing. Are these using the "Preview" link or did you apply it to the store and clicked around?
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil the screenshots were taken from the "preview", but the same issues happened when we actually did apply the new theme. We have it set back to our old one for now until we can figure out what the issue is when switching to one of the new 'core' themes.

We received a response from 3dCart so far just asking which of the 'core' themes that the issue was happening on, but we told them it was basically all of them. Or maybe we just got really unlucky and the 5 or so we tried didn't work.

Comment

@ESheaffer if you don't mind, find the one you like, and try it, if it looks like that, let support know, so they can test with that same one. This will prevent a lot of unnecessary back and forth. They should be able to figure out why it looks like that and either provide a fix, or let you know what needs to be altered.
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil Support eventually got it fixed, not sure of what the issue was. Their devs took a day or two and got it fixed and working for us.

thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X