Edit viewcart page - core templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit viewcart page - core templates

This should be simple, but I’m not seeing it. Were do I go to edit the view cart page of the cart? Specifically, I’m looking to add a placeholder to the zip code text box in the calculate shipping section (have had two customers in the past 3 weeks the didn’t realize the text box after the state drop down was to enter a zip so thought the cart wasn’t properly calculating shipping). I know what to add, and I thought I found the template page, but access was denied when I tried to ftp the page back to the server.

TIA.

You can't edit the files in the common folder. You have to copy them into your template folder and they'll over-ride the common folder files.

Comment

Thanks - I tried loading it to /web/assets/templates/furniture-core , but the changes don't seem to be showing. I've cleared the cache in the admin and tried on different computers.

Comment

There are two sections in viewcart.html. Did you add the place holder to the correct one?

<!--START: ShipQuote-->

- or -

<!--START: ShipQuoteInternational--> <- This is used if the "Enable International Shipping Preview " setting is enabled under Settings>Shipping>Shipping Settings>View Cart Shipping Preview

Tested on my store and it works fine.

Comment

Thank you JoeBTI - I put the code in the wrong section (had it in the ShipQuote - not International section)

Comment

Working...
          X