Using subcategory attributes n the category template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using subcategory attributes n the category template

I am trying to redesign the category template so that certain attributes are always displayed on the subcategory page such as the category icon and short description. It seems like it should be simple, but I cannot seem to make it work. Here's an example of what I am trying to do

WIDGETS > BLUE WIDGETS > blue_widget.jpg

As it is now, if blue_widget.jpg is listed as the category icon attribute in the BLUE WIDGETS category, I cannot get it to display on the BLUE WIDGET category page. It will display on the WIDGETS category page, but not on the BLUE WIDGET subcategory page. Same goes for the short description attribute.

Obviously the CATEGORY HEADER and CATEGORY FOOTER calls are clearly defined in the category_0.html template, but this doesn't hold true for the CATEGORY ICON or CATEGORY SHORT DESCRIPTION

I realize that I get these to display on the subcat page using HTML in the header or footer section, but with several hundred categories it becomes extremely cumbersome to make any kind of design changes using this approach.
Working...
X