No announcement yet.

Core Theme - Making the Buy link on some Category pages direct to Product Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Theme - Making the Buy link on some Category pages direct to Product Pages

Hello,

I have a core theme. I have been trying to follow these instructions:

https://support.3dcart.com/knowledge...e-product-page

I managed to impliment a Name Your Price feature for a digital download fundraiser product. However, from the category page, the Add to Cart link just places the product straight into the cart at zero dollars. I need for customers to be directed to the product page from this Category only. Here is the downloadable product for reference:
    https://www.buttonmakers.net/Printab...ck-_p_835.html

And here is it's category page:
    https://www.buttonmakers.net/Printab...Art_c_139.html

I downloaded a copy of category_0.html and renamed it to category_10.html. I changed the code as directed. (I had to have done it at least 10 times to be sure I had it right.) I saved and uploaded the category_10.html to my theme folder. I then navigated to the category in Admin and set the Style to 11 and saved. Then I cleared the store cache, as well as my browser cache, and tried incognito mode, and the Buy buttons still go directly to the cart.

I even went so far as to place some random text in my revision to confirm that I was seeing the updated Category page and not a cached version.

I'm befuddled as to why I can't make this change. I would really appreciate some help.

Thnkk you for any insights!!!
    Last edited by buttonmakers; 04-23-2020, 11:03 AM.

So I ended up doing a goofy ass workaround to acheive the desired effect. I haven't been able to get any help on this, nor figure it out on my own.

Since products with options have a different default action on the Category page, I added a dummy option to all my products where I need the customer to be forced to go into the product desciption rather than just adding straight into the shopping cart.

I would still love some help getting this done properly.

Comment

buttonmakers If you want that Globally, follow the same article and make those changes to product_items.html template as well.

If you want the change only on your category page, copy the entire code of product_items.html template and on your category template, replace the variable [product_items] with code that you copied. The variable [product_items] should be on 2 places on the category page. Once you replace the variable on both spots with the code from product_items.html template, follow the article to replace the add to cart button code for those 2 sections that you just added in place of the variable. Clear cache and it should be good to go. If not, feel free to PM me.
      tangopixel.com
      Website Design and Development

Comment

Working...
      X