No announcement yet.

My New Store is Live - Feedback Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Store is Live - Feedback Anyone?

I finally have a forum account! For what seemed like ages was obsessively stalking the forum for answers to my questions because I didn't have access to post! :( Now I will probably be posting my questions regularly!

Our site is live - we transferred from Homestead. I'm getting quite a few abandoned carts, so I hope there aren't any major problems.

Please check it out and comment! Bangles of Hope

There are still lots of things that need tweaking and we are still adding products.

Any feedback on site design? Does anyone see any issues with the check out process? Most of our carts are abandoned at Step 1, so I if anything jumps out there, please comment.

Thanks!

WoW! Really a nice job!

Haven't gone through each and every page, but... I'd say you have a beautiful looking site there!

Welcome to the 3dcart family!

Comment

Thanks very much for the nice review! :)

Comment

Congratulations on your new site. It looks very nice and clean. I also really like your product offering and the way you guys have tied it all in with fundraising for various causes. You did a nice job with having quality photos to represent your products.

As far as abandoned carts, we have quite a few per day. But I do notice a small percentage of people who abandon carts earlier in the week come back later that same week to purchase.

I went through the checkout process on your site and didn't notice anything unusual or wrong. Actually I thought it was very simple and as far as I could tell you have all of the pertinent information nicely spelled out on the view cart page.

Well, best wishes and welcome!

Comment

I also like the site. Very nice job with colors, imagery and the overall branding.

I did try to add a product and at least go through to the 1st step of checkout which all seemed good up until I tried to go back to the home page and clear my cart. For some reason I had ended up with the url being www.yoursite.3dcartstores.com and when I manually removed the 3DCart portion of the url I got some notice which I think was about security, but I cannot be sure since I mistakenly clicked on to close. I had tried to reproduce this but was not able to reproduce it and was about to chalk it up to a Monday when I stumbled across this:

Add a product then navigate to a page such as About Our Jewelry then click on the Shopping cart link at the top of the page. It may be just me, but I keep getting the 3dcartstores added into the URL.

I did notice a missing image just above the word "Items" at the top of the shopping cart item list when you view the cart. It appears to be looking for this:
          Code:
          banglesofhope.com/assets/images/spacer.gif
          Good luck with the new store and welcome to 3DC.

Comment

Thanks ScribeTime and Meuller for doing a test order! And thanks for the nice comments!
            Mueller - I tried to reproduce your error with the shopping cart link, but I'm not getting it. What browser are you using?

I need to do more usability testing I guess!

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by jenms View Post
              Thanks ScribeTime and Meuller for doing a test order! And thanks for the nice comments!
              Mueller - I tried to reproduce your error with the shopping cart link, but I'm not getting it. What browser are you using?

I need to do more usability testing I guess!

Thanks again!
              I am using Firefox.

If you visit your site and add a product, then click on the "Shopping Cart" link near the top right of the page, what do you see in the address bar?

I see banglesofhope.3dcartstores.com. At first I thought this may be because you are using a shared SSL cert, but I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by mueller View Post
                I am using Firefox.

If you visit your site and add a product, then click on the "Shopping Cart" link near the top right of the page, what do you see in the address bar?

I see banglesofhope.3dcartstores.com. At first I thought this may be because you are using a shared SSL cert, but I don't think so.
                My site does the same thing! (www.ultimate-air.com) I think it's because I host my site trough another company and not 3dcart...
                I need to change that...

Comment

When you have shared SSL, your secure url is https:yoururl.3dcartstores.com.

Comment

Originally posted by thedancingdaisy View Post
                    When you have shared SSL, your secure url is https:yoururl.3dcartstores.com.
                    Ah - interesting. I was wondering about that. Do you all buy SSL certificates through 3dCart or elsewhere? I have a friend who sells SSL certificates wholesale so I may go to him.

Comment

I bought my first SSL directly through GeoTrust, but once it was about to expire, I bought the same thing through 3dcart. It was less expensive and they handled everything for the installation. You may want to ask 3dcart if they charge a fee to install an SSL cert purchased through another vendor.

Comment

SSL Certs

If anyone is interested, I found in the support section this on SSL Certs:

SSL Certificates

So for Quick SSL, my friend's company's GeoTrust certs would be cheaper, as he charges $129 for Quick SSL Premium as a reseller. They charge $45 installation fee at 3DCart if you purchase SSL certs elsewhere, so it would still be less than the $199 3dCart charges for Quick SSL Premium.

My friend Anthony's SSL business:
                        http://www.Secure128.com - (I also designed his company's site :) )

We haven't gotten an SSL cert yet, but we will have to get one as soon as I discuss it with my business partner.

Comment

Working...
                        X