New Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Software

Does anyone know the implemnetation plan or migration plan to the new release?

I called them to ask the same thing, and all I was told as "this month".

Comment

Originally posted by Inviting Ways View Post
      I called them to ask the same thing, and all I was told as "this month".
      I hope this is true, because I would really like to get on the new version before my busy time starts. Although I am sure that is true for everyone. :)

Comment

This may have already been asked and I just missed it. Does anyone know if any custom programming (done for us by 3d) that we have had done for our current site will transfer over during the migration?

Comment

I can't imagine that the custom programming wouldn't follow you over to the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
            This may have already been asked and I just missed it. Does anyone know if any custom programming (done for us by 3d) that we have had done for our current site will transfer over during the migration?
            Depending on what you had done, we may be able to migrate you and have you use the new features that are similar to what you had, now if you have something that is not in V3.0, then you will need to wait until all the normal accounts are migrated before we migrate those stores, and then we'll take it on a case by case basis. If the code would be compatible with V3.0, we can just move it, if its something very custom, there may be a fee to migrate it.

Design (template) changes will work 100% on the new version, so if all you had was custom design done it won't be an issue at all.

If you like, open up a ticket and i can have one of our programmers see what was done on your store and we'll let you know what we'll need to do based on what changes you had done.
            ----------------------------
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

well...45 minutes left in the month

and I'm still using the old software. I sure hope the migration happens soon. I also would like to hear from the staff at 3Dcart, just keeping us updated. If it's not going to be for a while, just tell us. These vague promises and uncertainty...are not fun.

Has anyone had their store migrated to the new software? I thought I remembered reading somewhere in the forums where a few of you were using version 3.0, but I can't seem to find that thread.

-Matt (impatiently waiting :p )

Comment

Originally posted by Inviting Ways View Post
                Has anyone had their store migrated to the new software? I thought I remembered reading somewhere in the forums where a few of you were using version 3.0, but I can't seem to find that thread.
                There have been various threads where people have commented on peoples questions/comments where they stated they were using the new version.

I am not. I wish I were. :(

Comment

We're using the Beta version of the new software on one of our sites. I tend to think it's generally best for us to wait for a fully tested version. But I asked to be upgraded to the Beta version because there was one major new feature that we needed right away. I also figured that in getting a headstart, perhaps there would be a group of us using the Beta version who could be helpful to others once the final migration takes place.

However, even after being upgraded, I realize that in order for us to take advantage of several of the new features - there's some customization that will be required to our templates since we originally custom designed so many of them.

Also haven't implemented (or turned on) several other new features until we know that all of the kinks have been worked out.

Comment

Working...
                  X