X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Gallery!

:)
    Thought I'd try out this feature today!
    I changed the button to read "view more images" and I added a few to the product. Works great! I really like it. Much more classy look than click on the tiny thumbnails, like I was using before. On the main product image I can also put a caption to click the button below for more images..
    hmmmm.....
    may focus a little more attention to this one for a while. I have quite the image library and have just been using a single image for most products....

busy busy! :D

also, does anyone use the zoom thingy? I f
    Last edited by Mark; 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM.

I don't use the Zoomify (?) feature, but do use the image gallery for several products. I agree - it's a nice feature and does a really nice job presenting additional product photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      :)
      Thought I'd try out this feature today!
      I changed the button to read "view more images" and I added a few to the product. Works great! I really like it.
      Thanks for this suggestion! Just what I was looking for. :)

Comment

I really like the image gallery -- especially since we can display more than 4 images per item with it (we have a minimum of six images per item on our site)

Is there a way to configure the image display area of the gallery pop-up? I found the gallery sub-folder in the templates/common folder (accessed via ftp -- not accessible in store manager) and see I can edit the frame, but I can't get to the image display area.

Specifically, I want to:
        - change the shape of the images to square (my square images are getting cropped at the top and bottom)
        - disable the hotspot over the main image which opens the image in new browser window. I don't want that main image to be clickable at all.

thanks, mimib

Comment

Although it's been three years since I opened this thread, it may be configurable in your listing_X template how the popup window sizes. I really can't recall....:)
          If not, there may be an asp file that needs editting. But, I'm not sure you can edit those anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that way too, but I can't edit gallery.asp, gallery.swf or gallery_data.xml (which seems to be the one with image size settings -- currently set to 480x380 and 50x40. I can read it in Notepad, but I can't update it with different dimensions.) Looks like the only one I can edit is the frame, but that wont help me with the changes I want to make. :-( Darn.

Thanks for the input. mimib

Comment

Working...
            X