Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

myBuyCity.com is now LIVE! Please review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myBuyCity.com is now LIVE! Please review.

Hello fellow 3dcart owners. Now I'm a little leery about posting this here as some of you may be competition, on the other hand, competition is good. The world would not function without it. I don't mind competition and I think we can all be ethical about our business practices.

That said, this is our company. www.mybuycity.com which is an umbrella of Buy City Concepts, Inc., our main corporation.

We encourage all viewers from 3dcart to post your thoughts on the website. How does it look? Is anything too big or too small in comparison to your screen resolution? Is there enough information readily available for you? As well as any other comments you can fathom up. Also we would like to know shoppers opinions on flash designs as opposed to globs of information bunched together.

We also encourage you to join our forums, "citytalk", register with us and enjoy the FREE members' lounge (at least for now it's free), we also welcome you as a shopper.

The inventory is low at the moment and products are being added every day.

A few comments

Too large to load. I, personally. don't like audio, and bandwidth intensive java and flash.
    Can't find products........I use the categories and sub categories and there are no products there.
    The overall look of the site is nice in my opinion. :) :)

It's not clear what your product is.....

IMHO I would leave the visuals and back off on the audios......

Looks good! :)

UPDATE:
    "The inventory is low at the moment and products are being added every day."
    Oh, okay, I guess that is why some products are missing. Sorry.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I really like the way your top header buttons look (i.e. signin, register, etc...). I also like your use of a horizontal drop-down menu at the top. We're in the process of finishing our drop-down menu using a Dreamweaver extension product (that I've been having a few technical issues with). May I ask if yours was done with custom programming or did you all use a specific program for the menu?

I also like your use of a tabbed product info setup on your product page. One note with this though: When I clicked on the item under Computer>>Laptops>>Entertainment and then clicked on the media tab - on my computer the whole page got thrown out of alignment.

Lastly, you may consider enlarging your logo. In my opinion, because of the colors and busyness in the header it seems to get lost.

It's obvious you all have put a lot of hard work into your site. Hope it does very well!

Comment

Looks like a professional site - well done. I too vote for no audio (I turned off my sound before clicking so I don't know if it's still there). If it helps to know, anytime I visit a site and see "loading..." I click away. I don't have the attention span to wait and see what's going to come up.

Comment

Originally posted by ScribeTime View Post
          I really like the way your top header buttons look (i.e. signin, register, etc...). I also like your use of a horizontal drop-down menu at the top. We're in the process of finishing our drop-down menu using a Dreamweaver extension product (that I've been having a few technical issues with). May I ask if yours was done with custom programming or did you all use a specific program for the menu?

I also like your use of a tabbed product info setup on your product page. One note with this though: When I clicked on the item under Computer>>Laptops>>Entertainment and then clicked on the media tab - on my computer the whole page got thrown out of alignment.

Lastly, you may consider enlarging your logo. In my opinion, because of the colors and busyness in the header it seems to get lost.

It's obvious you all have put a lot of hard work into your site. Hope it does very well!
          I appreciate all of the comments so far and I knew there would be some controversy over the feature products tv. I do understand what you're saying and I myself was wondering if it was even necessary but it's different. I would like to here more votes on this before I make the decision to keep it or throw it out. Don't forget to check out the members' lounge. Also, some people like audio as well, so that is why there is the option to turn it off.

About the horizontal menu, I did use "Sothink DHTML Menu" which is an addon for Dreamweaver. It still took some work but the program helped speed up the process a little.

I understand the logo issue but at the same time, I think that the header is too large all together as it is. I'm trying to get the format better so that I can accomodate most screen resolutions. I'd like to get it where you see almost everything you need to know about a product before you have to scroll down.

Quote: "I also like your use of a tabbed product info setup on your product page. One note with this though: When I clicked on the item under Computer>>Laptops>>Entertainment and then clicked on the media tab - on my computer the whole page got thrown out of alignment."
          I did this same thing and the window did not break at all. The tabs are easy to make though by going into Dreamwever and using a spry.

Again, more comments are appreciated. If you see anything wrong, please let me know and if you really like something, let me know that too, it all helps. If you would like me to view your site and comment on it, I will so long as you have commented on mine.

NOTE* We need product reviews on our products, so if anyone would like to make some, please do so. **Also, since the inventory is low right now, the best way to search is through the "Find your brand" and then click on a brand.

Thanks again.

Comment

We have done away with the TV on the home page and are revamping it to something that is much better. Stay tuned to check it out.

Comment

The site looks really nice however, too much info/scripts/flash/java/whatever seems to clutter your site. I would try to eliminate the "loading" pages.
              These flashy pages with audio and flash that are bandwidth intensive make me click away. Just my personal opinion.
              It does look nice, but, just toooo bandwidth intensive......:(
              And the contact us email with a gmail account? Not good.

Comment

dropdown causes a problem with the flash

no idea what you sell. many pages are empty; can't find any product.

buttons up top are too complicated, i can't really tell what they are....maybe less shiny buttons would be easier to pick up.

dropdown colors have too much contrast which makes them hard to read. white on black especially.

what i do like is that it appears to have a ton of effort put into it, which adds credibility. good start on the design, but really need to funnel the customer better. if someone lands on the home page, they should see something they will want to click on

Comment

Oh,
                  and on the SSL certificate. I would never buy from a site that doesn't have an SSL certificate.

Comment

Where did you find a gmail account on the site? I have done some searching and our contact page leads to a live chat and our email is [email protected]

Comment

Scroll to the bottom and you will see the SSL logo there for GeoTrust. Thanks for all your comments.

As for the buttons, we have had many customers say that they enjoy them and they really stand out. The icons help visually.

The colors for the dropdown are not all uncommon and are used by many popular sites. White on black is a commonly used combination.

I still can't find where you saw a Gmail account for the Contact. Please let me know where you found it.

Comment

I'm sorry, I saw that email address somewhere on the site. I tried to go back to look but can't find it anymore...
                        Last edited by Mark; 10-07-2008, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X