Dreamweaver alternative???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamweaver alternative???

I've switched over from a PC to a Mac, and just found out that I can't transfer my Dreamweaver over without buying a $400 "upgrade"--really ticks me off to say the least! Can anyone recommend another program for html editing of the templates?

Try some of these out:

http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmled...edmac.-0cZ.htm

I've used Kompozer and can recommend it.

Comment

Thanks! I feel I'm floundering, however. My listing templates are such a mess! In the advanced tab I use style 2 for my listing template, but that is actually template 4??? I've made so many of them that now I'm really confused as to which style goes with which template, and some of them don't work at all (get the dreaded "contact the administrator" screen). Feel like such an idiot when it comes to template editing :(

Comment

Might consider what we've done...

We run VMware Fusion on our Macs! This allows us to run WinXP, Vista, etc. on our Macs without having to reboot. Matter of fact - we keep windows up all the time and just <Ctrl> + <Arrows> back and forth (using OS X's "Spaces").

A copy of your favorite flavor of Windows (if you don't already have a copy) is a heck of a lot cheaper than finding/purchasing/learning a bunch of alternative software. ??

...just a thought.

~fr*k

Comment

Originally posted by www.frik-n-frak.com View Post
          Might consider what we've done...

We run VMware Fusion on our Macs! This allows us to run WinXP, Vista, etc. on our Macs without having to reboot. Matter of fact - we keep windows up all the time and just <Ctrl> + <Arrows> back and forth (using OS X's "Spaces").

A copy of your favorite flavor of Windows (if you don't already have a copy) is a heck of a lot cheaper than finding/purchasing/learning a bunch of alternative software. ??

...just a thought.

~fr*k
          Of if its a newer intel based mac, you could just quit pretending and install xp or vista using boot camp :)

Comment

You're right Robb! Bootcamp is a very cool (and free) alternative, too!

The advantage of using VMware Fusion is one of convenience, for us. The downside of Bootcamp is that you must reboot your Mac to switch operating systems. Bootcamp is, however, reportedly snappier from a performance standpoint and is FREE! It's already on your Intel based Mac!

So....

For us, rebooting was a deal breaker. We were then down to considering VMWare Fusion or Parallels. I believe Fusion wins out as it offers full use of the Intel Duo Core processor for 64bit OS's.

The nice thing in ANY of the scenarios is that you get to enjoy all the great benefits of OS X and Windows on one machine!

~fr*k

Comment

(hanging my head, face very red!!!) Big "duh!" on my part! I actually have Fusion and just didn't even think about installing it there! I don't use it that often, so didn't even think about it!

Comment

Of course, I would be the person who bought a mac and only ran windows on it.

The day that Apple comes out with aluminum laptops in colors other than silver/black/white, I will be the first in line.

Comment

Hey Robb -

You gonna let us laser etch a 3dcart logo on your new aluminum laptop? (when they come out in colors, of course.) Just imagine how many rungs on the "cool ladder" you'd climb!

~fr*k

Comment

Working...
                  X